Please include your full name, address and contact information.
Story submission must be 750 words or less and include most or all of the following criteria:
- A detailed description of a successful activity, moment or experience the dad had with his child(ren)
- Express his emotions and feelings during said moment(s)
- Describe his problem-solving skills
- Illustrate lesson(s) the child(ren) learned
- Explain how his child(ren) benefits from his active involvement.
The stories can range from:
- How dad helped out during pregnancy, in the delivery room, etc.
- What involvement dad had with infant care and how he felt about it. How dad succeeded in helping his child roll over, crawl, walk, do a somersault, throw a ball, make a pony tail, ride a bike, etc,
- strategies dad used to help his children learn to read, spell, understand math facts, etc
- Activities dad did with his children to show appreciation for his child’s mother.
Write story with a title and in the following format – Times New Roman font, 14 and double-spacing.
DEADLINE IS AUGUST 31, 2013.
This is ONLY an invitation to submit your story for consideration in the “Dads Behaving Dadly” book.
Hogan Hilling and Al Watts will judge the first round of the selection process and then submit their choices to the Publisher.
The Publisher will choose the finalists for the book.
All the dads whose stories have been selected by the Publisher will need to fill out and sign a Contributors and Permissions form.
To show their support in rebranding the image of fatherhood, Hogan Hilling and Al Watts plan to donate 10% of the author royalties to a fatherhood organization that has played an important part in their growth and success as dads: The National At-Home Dad Network (formerly Daddyshome,Inc.), a 501c3 non-profit corporation that provides support, education and advocacy for fathers who are the primary caregivers of their children and holds the distinct honor of hosting the longest consecutive running fathering event in the country – the Annual At-Home Dads Convention.
Please fill in all required fields, Thanks you.